Become a Foster Parent
Successful Applicants Must:
1. Be at least 21 years of age.
2. Have a vehicle and valid driver's license.
3. Be able to pass criminal, CPS & APS background checks.
4. Own or Rent a home that meets licensing regulations.
5. Be willing to receive 30 hours of pre-service training.
6. Be accepting of diverse ethnic and family cultures .
7. Have high moral character.
8. Have strong community ties.
9. Have the desire to help children and strengthen families.
10. Be supportive of the foster child's reunification with his/her biological family.
In addition, successful applicants must be willing to perform all necessary duties associated with the program including participation in ongoing training sessions, providing basic care and supervision for the foster child working as in integral part of the treatment team, working with the community, working with the child's natural parents, and notifying program staff of any emergencies.