Because you know...Raising a child takes more than love.
Building Blocks for Community Enrichment Agency-Based Foster Care program offers the following services to its clients (children in care and their families of origin) and/or foster parents:
1. Recruitment of foster parents. Building Blocks will recruit treatment parents who have a genuine interest in caring for children, have high ethical standards, and who can be reasonably expected to carry out the mission and philosophy of the agency.
2. Licensing foster homes.
3. Training and support to foster parents. This includes 27 hours of FOCUS pre-service training and family support services. All foster parents need 24 hours of ongoing training every 2 years in order to renew their license.
4. Individual Treatment Planning.
5. Adult Living and Life Skills training.
6. Respite activities for foster families.
7. Respite Care.
8. Building Blocks website offers resources to foster parents and many links to other related websites.
9. Foster Parent Support Group meets once a month.